To Our Patients
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are designed so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
• Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you arrive at the office.
• We are asking all patients to remain in their vehicle when you arrive. Someone will be out to check you in, ask health-screening questions and check your temperature. When your provider is ready, you will be escorted back to a treatment room.
• We are asking patients to wear a mask from your vehicle to your treatment room.
•Only the appointed patient will be allowed into the treatment area. Exceptions will be made for minors and those patients that require a caregiver or translator.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
• We will allow greater time between patients to reduce foot traffic in the building and allow for advanced disinfection and additional cleaning measures throughout the day.
• The checkout process will be streamlined to minimize wait times. This will include electronic statements and online payment options.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 401-944-8100.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
RI Dental Arts